Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
2015 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
Call for Applications
The 2015 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is now accepting applications until April 1, 2015. The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished mid-level professionals to the United States for a year of combined academic (NON-DEGREE) and professional work. Fellows are selected based on potential for leadership and commitment to public service. By providing future leaders and policy makers with experience in U.S. society, culture, and professional fields, the program provides a basis for lasting, productive ties between Americans and their professional counterparts in Lesotho. Successful applicants will be placed at participating universities in the United States from July 2015 to June 2016.
Kindly note that the online application link will be active from February 2015.
Fields of Study
Fellowships are available in the following fields:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must have:
- A first university degree
- Five years of substantial professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service
- Fluency in English
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship provides:
- Round-trip economy international travel for the grantee.
- Tuition and university fees.
- Limited accident and sickness insurance for the grantee only.
The Humphrey Program does not provide financial support for accompanying dependents.