How to Apply
These instructions apply to all visa applicants.
Step 1. Complete the online application form, DS-160
Access the form DS-160. Upon completion of the required information, the form will be electronically transmitted, generating a biographical confirmation page that must be printed and submitted at the time of the visa interview.
Note: The national identification number is NOT the passport number and MUST be filled in accurately. Look for a string of numbers in your passport that identify your birth date and your other biographic information.
Step 3. Apply in person at the Consular Section on the day of your scheduled appointment with:
- DS-160 biographical confirmation page
- Supporting documents which may include all previous passports
- Non-refundable visa application fee ($160.00 or the Maluti or Rand equivalent), cash only.
- Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the date of anticipated travel
- One color photograph (please refer to Photo Requirements)